Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Case for Lightning Striking Twice


First off, let me just say that the book of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief is infinitely better than the fairly horrendous movie I judged a wee while ago. Were the author dead, I would assume that he was rolling in his grave, but I believe he is still alive and so is probably just rolling around in his money and blocking his vision and stuffing his ears with it all instead.

I don't do a "Friday Linky" stuff like Moosetastic, but a few things came across my inbox that I thought I would share:

1) Whoever thinks that handguns are not compensating for something should really check out this site.

2) The Fisherman showed me that I was not the only one not particularly sympathetic to wealthy businessman Eric Watson's skiing accident. Funny how the fact he was responsible for dodgy financial dealings causing many people to lose their life savings can impact on how people view his jetsetting misadventures. Actually, the page may have been disconnected, as the link to the page did not appear to work when I retried it - not surprising considering that it was fairly b!tchy.

3) Oh, and my spelling in the last few posts has completely sucked - and sometimes caused a wee bit of unintended R-ratedness. I do apologise, but will still try and blame spellchecker.

Verdict: Well, Percy Jackson is a really good, but the fact we have "more power" hand guns and that failed businessmen can still take uber-expensive holidays kind of shows how the movie could be so rubbish.

1 comment:

missrabbitty said...

poor eric...aint karma a bitch?