Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Case for Cruelty

I am almost speechless. But not quite.

My thanks to the Fisherman for showing me the wonder that is the Bloggess. Normally, this site is full of cynical wit and sarcastic humour. Lots of fun. But then...

Well, follow the link above and read, then follow this link to the Huffington Post and be astonished.

I am half hoping that this is one of those made up stories. But I kind of thing its not. Occasionally, I get sent those overly emotional and trite e-mails about how someone once did a good deed that made all the world seem bright and rosy. Well, I am more inclined to believe the events described in those links, where the stupidity and inhumanity of a group of people far outweighs individual good.

Let's hope there's a special room in hell set aside for these people - a very small one.

Verdict: Well, what can I say? If this is real, which I hope its not, then I should really throw the book at them. Null points. And several million negative.

2 comments:

missrabbitty said...

or how about sending them to the jehovah's witness or catholic heaven (no offense intended to jehovah's witnesses or catholics...i love them all..really i do)

R said...

Actually, I do think that's a wee bit offensive - my Mum is Catholic, and I doubt very much her type of Catholicism would condone what those people did.

I don't see this really a religious thing. Bigotry does not purely live in an organised religion environment - why else would the students with learning difficulties also be invited if this was purely a homophobic stance? The brand of religion would just be an excuse for what is horrible behaviour on any level.