Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Case for an Ad or Two


This was inspired by a comment on 7 Days, as ever since then, I have been unable to look away whenever this ad is on the television.


I don't quite know how they did it, but Daikin have managed to make Dan Carter look like he is just saying "Matt Damon" over and over again, and even though he is a pretty good looking guy, that does not stop him looking very creepy hanging up on the wall and staring at people anywhere in the room.  Epic fail?  Of course, Carter is probably laughing all the way to the bank from his very warm home, but the ad puts me off ever having one of those in my house.

On the other hand, there are commercials out there that are so brilliant that I will actually rewind my PVR to watch them. 




I am listening and painting indeed...

Verdict: There are some pretty dire ads out there, but there are some that are truly brilliant too. 5 gherkins out of 5 when they get it right; part of an old unattractive gherkin when they get it well and truly wrong.

2 comments:

missrabbitty said...

hmmm...what is the common thing in those ads that you like?..just can't put my finger on it...
;P

R said...

I actually was not aware there was more than one in the cheesy man cheese series, so that's why I linked to so many. But wait, there are still more!

R