Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Case for Sad News


Considering how much I detest the “serious” television news services – who can’t even say “Port-au-Prince” properly – you can imagine how completely eviscerated I felt when C4 told me the following:

Subject: RE: C4 Feedback
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 19:50:00 +1300
From: replies@mediaworks.co.nz
To: judge&jury

Thank you for your enquiry regarding C4 and The Daily Show.

After much consideration C4 has decided not to pick up The Daily show for 2010.

Due to the financial constraints placed on C4, we have decided to prioritise and focus on the Peak Programming. 2010 will see C4 return with All New Episodes of American Dad, South Park, 30 Rock, The Office, How I Met Your Mother and many more returning favourites plus new shows Heroes, Dollhouse, Rock Of Love, Melrose Place and The Cleveland Show just to name a few.

Whilst we understand your disappointment regarding The Daily Show, we hope you continue to enjoy C4's Programming in 2010.

Kind regards,
C4


Verdict. And I cried (though I did appreciate the use of the word "whilst"). 0 days our of 4.

No comments: