Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Case for Some Odder Euro10 Photos 01



Okay, after a few postings about life in NZ, its time to go back to the recent holiday.

Here are some of the images I took of things that seemed a bit odd or amusing to me in one way or another.

1) Whether out of joy or pity, the guy in the sandwich suit got lots of hugs from people, and quite a few photos in front of Big Ben.


2) I adored the question mark in this one (Surbiton), as I was not entirely sure what it was meant to signify. Is correctly getting the start time of the quiz one of the quiz questions? Is the quiz itself in jeopardy of not being run should the patron be uninspired or attendance below expectations? Unfortunately, I was not around at the time (or was I?) to find out.



3) I saw this in Brighton, and loved the tag line. Adam breathes again - now he is no longer on Shortland Street? Poor guy...


4) The only photo I managed to take in a mall in Chatham (not allowed), though the most important - it sounded like this machine could cure anything.


5) Even in hideous weather, Brighton was cool - and it had some awesome graffitti around the place too. How can you go wrong with a Smurf theme?


6) While the British love their page 3 girls, the French don't even both hiding them inside the covers of a magazine and instead plaster them all over the place, even next to (or above) the less titillating (oh yes, I had to use that pun) or innocent children's magazines that can be on offer.




Verdict: Installment one - there are plenty more things I have found a bit odd on my travels. 6 images out of... a few more...

No comments: